Montala seeks at all times to have a positive impact on the environment in which we do business, from our staff members and the local community to the planet as a whole.
Our company will:
- Respect the law
- Honour its internal policies
- Ensure that all its business operations are legitimate
- Keep every partnership and collaboration open and transparent
We'll always conduct business with integrity and respect to human rights. We'll promote:
- Safety and fair dealing
- Respect towards our customers and suppliers
- Anti-bribery and anti-corruption practices
Protecting the environment
Our company recognises the need to protect the natural environment. Keeping our environment clean and unpolluted is a benefit to all. We'll always follow best practices when disposing of rubbish and using chemical substances. Examples of relevant practicses include:
- Conserving energy and sourcing renewable energy
- Using environmentally-friendly technologies
- Encouraging zero emission vehicles e.g. by only allowing electric vehicle selection for company vehicles
- A ban on air travel
See our Environmental Policy
We'll ensure that we:
- Don't risk the health and safety of our employees and community.
- Avoid any negative effect on the lives of local people.
- Support diversity and inclusion.
- As an employee owned business, see that our staff are duly rewarded with a share of the profits.
See our Health and Safety Policy and our Equal Opportunity Policy.
Montala is dedicated to protecting human rights. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and will abide by all fair labour practices. We'll ensure that our activities do not directly or indirectly violate human rights in any country (e.g. forced labour). See our Ethical Policy.
Donations and aid
Montala maintains a budget to make monetary donations.
These donations are made via our Matched Giving Scheme and annual dontations such as the Christmas Card Scheme (whereby instead of sending cards we ask our customers to nominate a charity for a donation).
Our company encourages its employees to volunteer. We allocate a number of days a year for each staff member to take part in community activities. See our Community Volunteering Scheme and the examples of recent projects on our website.