Enthusiastic? Motivated? In your element writing PHP code, configuring a LAMP stack, fine tuning SQL, tinkering with jQuery?
Contact us if you'd like to work at Montala.
Web Application Support Engineer
We are a small and friendly Web Solutions Company in Oxfordshire looking to add a Support Engineer to our team to support our customers in using our web-based Digital Asset Management System. The role will be to solve customer issues in a timely and helpful manner.
- Dealing with issues and questions logged by our customers
- Carrying out software upgrades
- Reconfiguring customers systems
- Fixing bugs in the software base code
- Undertaking minor development work with the potential to grow this aspect over time
Preferable skills and experience
- Basic administration of LAMP stack
- Linux skills
- MySQL or other database platform
- PHP (desirable to read code in order to understand issues)
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated team player, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. They will be able to manage their time well, and solve problems efficiently.
We welcome applications from recent graduates. If you have not undertaken higher education but have experience of Linux, MySQL and PHP or similar technologies then we would also love to hear from you.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to build on and further develop their skills and play a key role in the growth of our company.
Benefits for all employees
- Idyllic setting with countryside views and fresh air
- Competitive salaries
- Bonus scheme to 11% of salary based on agreed personal and company performance targets
- Employer contributed workplace pension scheme to 3% (4+4 scheme)
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays rising over time to a maximum of 35 days (after 12 years)
- Matched giving scheme - we match your charity donations up to £1,000 per year
- Relaxed office atmosphere with informal dress code
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free fresh fruit, drinks, biscuits
- Free eye tests, 15% off eyewear
Our office in Faringdon, south west Oxfordshire, not far from Oxford and Swindon.
Contact us to apply.
Strictly no recruitment agencies. Thank you.