Montala aims to minimise the impact of its activities on the environment.
PAPER AND PACKAGING
- We will minimise the use of paper in the office.
- We will reduce packaging as much as possible.
- We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
ENERGY AND WATER
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
- We will evaluate if the need can be met in another way.
- We will evaluate if renting/sharing with others on the business park is an option before purchasing equipment.
- We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
- We will favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
- We will reuse and recycle everything we are able to.
- We will reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessity trips only.
- We will promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
- We will not travel by air.
- We will make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles.
- We will operate a Cycle To Work scheme.
- We will encourage car sharing where possible for meetings and commuting.
- We will only consider zero emissions (e.g. electric) vehicles when purchasing company vehicles and maintain them rigorously to ensure ongoing efficiency.
MAINTENANCE AND CLEANING
- Cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- We will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
IMPORTANT - Changes to this document require trust approval.